Through all ages in history, various civilizations like the Egyptian, Indian, Chinese, Greek, etc. have used herbal remedies for skincare and for other aspects of our health. The common Indian herbal remedies in skincare are based on the principles of the age-old science of Ayurveda.
In today’s modern world, appearance is a vital part of our daily lives. Our emotional state, our mood, our relationship interactions, our social image, are all affected to some or the other extent by our appearance. And the appearance of your skin forms a big part of your physical beauty. The appearance of your skin depends on how healthy your skin is.
Herbal skin remedies are packed with age-old wisdom. They are practically devoid of unwanted side effects. Here are some tips for using herbal remedies for developing healthy skin.
Tips for herbal remedies that can be applied to the skin to develop a healthy skin
- Use cream and honey to develop soft and healthy skin.
- Aloe vera juice can help in preventing pigmentation marks and scars.
- A mixture of milk and grated coconut helps in moisturizing and exfoliating your skin.
- Lemon juice and turmeric have a cleansing, antiseptic and glowing effect on your skin.
- Crushed rose petals and milk have a soothing, moisturizing and cleansing effect.
- Mint leaves and mint juice provide a glowing and refreshing effect on your skin.
- A mixture of yogurt, milk, and honey makes the skin soft and glowing.
- A mixture of neem leaves, basil leaves, and rose petals gives a cleansing and antiseptic effect to the skin.
- The application of ghee and milk to the skin acts as a moisturizer and cleansing agent.
- A mixture of green tea and aloe vera helps in exfoliating and cleansing the skin.
- A mixture of sandalwood paste and tomato juice has a soothing and cleansing effect on the skin.
- Table salt and cucumber juice help in cleaning dead cells and moisturizing the skin.
- The avocado paste is particularly helpful for providing rejuvenation and a healthy glow to dull and aging skin.
- Oils like almond oil and groundnut oil can help prevent cracks and damages to the skin.
- Vegetable juices like carrot and cabbage help in generating a glow and healthy feel on the skin.